The most important thing to remember about the conference is that:
YOU MUST BRING A GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID WITH YOU TO NERD!
This means a passport or a driver's license. You will not be allowed into the NERD Center without it and you will need this every time you enter the NERD Center!
- Take the subway to the Kendall/MIT stop on the Red Line and walk to the NERD Center. (Map)
- Arrive at the NERD Center promptly at 8:00 and sign in at the reception desk. You will need to show your ID.
- Take the elevator up to the NERD conference center on the 1st floor and line up to register. You will get your badge and conference bag, which will contain tickets for your tee shirt and other conference goodies that you can pick up later.
- There will be coffee in the NERD conference center on Wednesday at 8:00 while you are waiting in line to register. (On Thursday and Friday there will not be coffee there until 10:00 after the Keynote.)
- When you finish registering please proceed to Bartos Theater in MIT building E15 where our Keynotes will be held. It's about a 5 minute walk away and there will be folks along the route to guide you.
- Everyone must finish registering and walk from NERD to Bartos by 9:00. This will require speed and cooperation from everyone.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED IN BARTOS THEATER, so plan accordingly.